1. Plant Biology Europe EPSO/FESPB 2016 Congress – Prague, Czech Republic, June 26-30, 2016
Poster presentation: Characterization of different brewers’ spent grain aqueous extracts regarding their content in bioactive compounds
2. 7th Casee Conference “The Role of Life Sciences in Europes’s 2020 Strategy – Timisoara, Romania, May 22-24, 2016
Poster presentation: Exploitation of food wastes as valuable sources of bioactive compounds
Poster presentation: Use of essential oils in the development of new food product
3. International Conference “The Future of Food Waste: Challenges and Opportunities for Valorization in Europe”,
COST Action TD1203 (EUBIS) Wageningen, Olanda, September 20-21, 2016
Poster presentations: Fatty acid composition and volatile profile of brewers spent grain by-product
Poster presentations: Brewers’ spent grain content in bioactive compounds: influence of the extraction solvent
4. The 15th International Symposium Prospects for the 3th Millennium Agriculture 29th September – 1st October 2016, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Oral presentation: Bioactive compounds from plant-derived wastes to be used as food ingredients
Oral presentation: The chemical composition and bioactive compounds of some wild edible mushrooms – a review
Poster presentations: Study regarding the use of Salvia Officinalis essential oil in food products with high fat content (Mayonnaise)
5. 16th National Conference with International Participation ”Nutrition – Medicine of the Future” – 24-25 November 2016, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Session: Diet and lifestyle in relation to human health – Scientific program pdf.
Oral presentation: Utilization of food wastes as sources of functional ingredients
Invited Speaker: Lect. dr. Sonia Socaci
6. The 8th CASEE Conference “Sustainable development in Europe – cooperation between science and practice – What’s the position of Central and South Eastern Europe?” was held at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland from 14-16 May 2017.6 – CASEE
Session: SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS AND QUALITY
Oral presentation: From waste to functional ingredients – Sonia A. Socaci, Anca C. Farcas, Dan Vodnar, Bogdan Rusu, Oana L. Pop
Poster presentation: Exploitation of brewing industry waste to produce functional ingredients – Anca C. Fărcaș, Sonia A. Socaci, Maria Tofana
7. International Conference “The 11th World Congress on Polyphenols Applications: Vienna Polyphenols 2017” 20-21 iunie 2017, Viena, Austria
Poster presentations: Influence of Brewing Techique on the Content in Bioactive Compounds of Spent Coffee Grounds – Sonia Socaci, Anca Farcas, Dumitrita Rugina, Zorita Diaconeasa, Oana Pop.
Poster presentations: Apple Processing By-Products as a Potential Source of Bioactive Molecules – Farcas Anca, Socaci Sonia, Tofana Maria, Diaconeasa Zorita, Pop Carmen, Rotar, Ancuta.
8. International Conference “NEEFOOD 2017 – 4TH NORTH AND EAST EUROPEAN CONGRESS ON FOOD”, 10-13 Septembrie 2017, Kaunas, Lituania
Poster presentation: In vitro antiproliferative and antioxidant activities of apple processing by-products – Fărcaș Anca, Socaci Sonia, Tofană Maria, Diaconeasa Zorița, Pop Anamaria, Păucean Adriana.
Oral presentation: Methods used for the recovery of antıoxıdant compounds from food waste – revıew – Sonia Socaci, Anca Fărcaș, Anamaria Pop, Maria Tofană.
9. International Conference 16th International Symposium “Prospects for the 3rd Millennium Agriculture”, 28-30 Septembrie 2017, USAMV Cluj-Napoca, România.
Poster: In vitro antimicrobial activity of apple processing waste – Fărcaș Anca, Socaci Sonia, Tofană Maria, Mirela Jimborean, Carmen Pop, Anca Rotar. Best Poster Award.